SER is a global market-leading supplier of integrated workflow, document and knowledge management solutions. SER helps its clients exploit knowledge and improve access to intellectual capital to deliver competitive advantage by accelerating business processes throughout the extended enterprise.
We are seeking a
Bilingual Technical Writer (English/German)
for our documentation team in Neustadt/Wied, Germany. He or she
- will be responsible for creating and maintaining online and printed documentation for SER software products, including documentation for end users, administrators, and programmers.
- will write in English and translate into German.
- will review and edit English documents written by other technical writers and by engineers.
- will occasionally travel to subsidiary offices in order to work with engineers and product managers.
- BA/BS in English, Computer Science, Technical Writing, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to write about technical matters
- English native speaker or equivalent, very good command of the German language
- High quality standards
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new software applications, tools, and concepts
- Works well in a team and has good interviewing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficiency with at least one standard technical publications software such as Microsoft Office Suite, FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, WebWorks Publisher or with a CAT tool such as Catalyst, Trados, or Transit
- Graphical knowledge and ability to make illustrations not required, but a plus
- Experience in a software developing environment not required, but a plus
- stimulating, attractive working conditions
- a competitive, above-average salary
- the opportunity to grow in a fast-growing, international environment
How to apply
To apply, send your resume, preferably including samples of your work, to:
SER Systeme AG
Produkte und Anwendungen in der Datenverarbeitung
Tel. +49 (0) 26 83-9 84-3 18 - Fax +49 (0) 26 83 - 9 84-2 22
Internet: www.ser.de - eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org